Torna indietro   Hardware Upgrade Forum > Off Topic > Discussioni Off Topic > Scienza e tecnica

Apple MacBook Air M3: chi deve davvero comprarlo? La recensione
Apple MacBook Air M3: chi deve davvero comprarlo? La recensione
A distanza di circa 8 mesi arriva l’importante aggiornamento dei MacBook Air: nessun cambiamento estetico, ma una revisione hardware interna con l’upgrade al processore M3. Le prestazioni migliorano rispetto alle generazioni precedenti, e questo fa sorgere una domanda spontanea: a chi è rivolto oggi questo laptop? Cerchiamo di capirlo nella nostra recensione 
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG49WCD: quando QD-OLED e ultrawide si fondono
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG49WCD: quando QD-OLED e ultrawide si fondono
Da ASUS un monitor particolare ma molto completo: principalmente indirizzato al videogiocatore, può essere sfruttato con efficacia anche per attività creative e di produzione multimediale
Dreame L10s Pro Ultra Heat: la pulizia di casa tutta sostanza
Dreame L10s Pro Ultra Heat: la pulizia di casa tutta sostanza
Il nuovo robot aspirapolvere domestico di Dreame abbina funzionalità complete a un moccio flottante che raggiunge al meglio gli angoli delle pareti. Un prodotto tutto in uno semplice da utilizzare ma molto efficace, in grado di rispondere al meglio alle necessità di pulizia della casa
Tutti gli articoli Tutte le news

Vai al Forum
Rispondi

Strumenti
Old 15-01-2004, 12:33   #1
GioFX

L'Avatar di GioFX

Iscritto dal: Nov 2001
Città: Padova
[Space] NASA - Mars Exploration Rover MER-A "Spirit" - Update Thread

Spirit ha appena trasmesso la telemetria al JPL tramite la Deep Space Network (DSN) comunicando di aver eseguito senza problemi l'ordine di muoversi 1 metro in avanti (9.8 piedi) fuori dalla piattaforma del lander, ora senza più utilità.

Complimenti ai ragazzi del JPL!

This image from the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit's rear hazard avoidance camera shows the rover's hind view of the lander platform, its nest for the past 12 sols, or martian days. The rover is approximately 1 meters (3 feet) in front of the airbag-cushioned lander, facing northwest. Note the tracks left in the martian soil by the rovers' wheels, all six of which have rolled off the lander. This is the first time the rover has touched martian soil. Credit: NASA/JPL

Six-wheeling on Mars: Rover Spirit drives off lander

The command ordering the Spirit rover to roll off its lander and onto the surface of Mars was transmitted at 3:21:30 a.m. EST.

"Flight, I have alpha, alpha, charlie, tango, underscore, romeo, two-one, niner-six, decimal alpha, decimal zero, zero in the radiation cue," a controller informed flight director Chris Lewicki when the instructions were ready to go.

"OK, alpha, alpha, charlie, tango, underscore, romeo, two-one, niner-six, decimal alpha, decimal zero, zero," Lewicki confirmed. "This is our command (for) the most significant 3-meter drive in recorded history." The control team laughed. "That's a good readback, you're clear to radiate."

"On my mark," the controller replied. "Three, two, one, mark!"

And with that, coded instructions began racing toward Mars, more than 100 million miles away, where the Spirit lander sat patiently atop its lander, poised for roll off.

It would take an hour and a half for the rover to complete its slow move off the lander's northwest egress aid and onto the surface, to find the sun, reorient its high-gain antenna and radio telemetry back to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, confirming its initial foray.

As the waiting began, mission manager Jennifer Trosper cued up the theme song from the TV series "Rawhide" and the familiar refrain "rollin', rollin', rollin'" blared out in the flight control room."

It was the moment the engineers and scientists had been waiting for since Spirit bounced to a successful landing on Mars Jan. 3.

"This is a night that is extraordinarily rich in significance for all of us, certainly for those of us on the science team and I know for everybody here as well," principal investigator Steve Squyres told the team. "When I first presented this long-term (exploration) plan to the public a couple of days ago, I said it was rich in scientific potential. But I also said it was going to be a shared adventure unlike any other in human history. When I said that, what I meant for the press and the public was that it was an adventure we would share with the whole world.

"But on a much deeper and more personal level, it's an adventure that I'm just incredibly proud to share with the people in this room and this team. And so, when we see that picture (showing the lander in the background) and everybody starts getting all choked up and running around hugging people again, please forgive me. Thanks."

Finally, at 4:53 a.m., a controller called out: "We have carrier in lock," meaning NASA's Deep Space Network tracking antennas once again were receiving a signal from Spirit. Five minutes later, a controller reported telemetry confirmed that Spirit had, in fact, moved three meters, or about 9.8 feet from its starting point atop the lander.

"Sounds like it was a nice trip," Lewicki said. "All we need now are the pictures."

Then, two minutes later, the first grainy black-and-white thumbnail image from a rear-facing navigation camera came in, clearly showing the lander, perched atop its crumpled airbags, in the background. Spirit was finally on the surface of Mars and the flight team burst into cheers and applause. Squyres embraced Lewicki and science manager John Callas gave Trosper a bouquet of flowers.

"That's a big relief!" said Rob Manning, the engineer who oversaw Spirit's entry, descent and landing 12 days ago. "We're on Mars. Spirit has landed."

Project manager Pete Theisinger held up a T-shirt with an image of the rover on one side, along with the words "My other car is on Mars!!!" Then someone cued up the song "Who Let The Dogs Out?"

A few minutes later, a higher resolution image came in, clearly showing Spirit's two back wheels and ruddy tire tracks leading back to the lander's egress aids. Martian soil could be seen clumped up on the rear left wheel as the team once again burst into cheers.

"Our wheels are finally dirty," Manning observed. "This is very exciting. What a relief."
Old 15-01-2004, 12:37   #2
maxsona

L'Avatar di maxsona

Iscritto dal: Dec 2000
Città: Verona
Old 15-01-2004, 12:38   #3
Fradetti
Bannato

L'Avatar di Fradetti

Iscritto dal: Feb 2002
Città: Sanremo, Italy
bentornato
Fradetti è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 15-01-2004, 12:39   #4
Simon82

Iscritto dal: Jan 2001
Fantastico!
Old 15-01-2004, 12:50   #5
nin

L'Avatar di nin

Iscritto dal: Mar 2000
Città: Parma
Re: [Space] NASA - Mars Exploration Rover MER-A "Spirit" - Update Thread

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da GioFX
"Our wheels are finally dirty," Manning observed. "This is very exciting. What a relief."

Però..Davvero incredibile a pensarci
Old 15-01-2004, 13:09   #6
crespo80

L'Avatar di crespo80

Iscritto dal: May 2001
Città: Bologna
la multipla fa schifo

BENTORNATO

CASE Silverstone SST-RVZ03B Black PSU Seasonic SSR-550GD Prime Ultra Gold MB ASUS B350-I Gaming CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
RAM DDR4 2x8GB Corsair LPX 3600MHz CL14 VGA Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

crespo80 è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 15-01-2004, 13:31   #7
duchetto

L'Avatar di duchetto

Iscritto dal: Nov 2000
Città: Sospeso nell'incredibile

perchè immagini in bianco e nero?
duchetto è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 15-01-2004, 13:38   #8
GioFX

L'Avatar di GioFX

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da duchetto

E' una preview (thumbnail), giusto per poter avere in tempi ridotti un riscontro visivo con la telemetria. E' molto più veloce da donwlinkare.
Old 15-01-2004, 13:43   #9
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Iscritto dal: Apr 2000
Città: Strada in Chianti, Firenze
Che mito! Il sito della nasa è down continuamento ormai... non si riesce a raggiungere la sezione della missione su marte!
Old 15-01-2004, 13:44   #10
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da duchetto

Volevi i colori?

Old 15-01-2004, 13:45   #11
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Eccone un'altra:

Old 15-01-2004, 13:47   #12
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Questo è il link alla pagina principale della missione su Marte!
Old 15-01-2004, 13:52   #13
eriol

L'Avatar di eriol

Iscritto dal: Mar 2002
Città: hinterland nord milano
che storia!!!
cmq è strana davvero la superficie di marte!
sembra argillosa!
eriol è offline   Rispondi citando il messaggio o parte di esso
Old 15-01-2004, 14:02   #14
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da eriol
che storia!!!
cmq è strana davvero la superficie di marte!
sembra argillosa!
Hai ragione... che mito però! La cosa che più mi "intriga" è la base lunare: speriamo davvero che riescano a farla... sarebbe un passo enorme!
Old 15-01-2004, 14:12   #15
gpc

L'Avatar di gpc

Iscritto dal: Oct 2000
Città: UK
C'è un uomo su marte! E sembra anche brutto! Sicuramente un primitivo...

....ah no era la foto presa dal modello in laboratorio... (c'eravate cascati, eh? )
Old 15-01-2004, 14:34   #16
FA.Picard

L'Avatar di FA.Picard

Iscritto dal: May 2002
Città: People
Neanche un'albero dove pisciare
Old 15-01-2004, 14:41   #17
teogros

L'Avatar di teogros

Quote:
Originariamente inviato da FA.Picard
Neanche un'albero dove pisciare
Per quello aspetto a trasferirmi!
Old 15-01-2004, 16:45   #18
GioFX

L'Avatar di GioFX

THURSDAY, JANUARY 15, 2004
1257 GMT (7:57 a.m. EST)

Data from the Spirit rover shows it completed this morning's drive off the lander at 3:41 a.m. EST. Confirmation was received on Earth just before 5 a.m. EST, verifying that Spirit had performed the 10-foot voyage on its own.

The move took approximately 78 seconds, ending with the back of the rover about 2.6 feet away from the lander egress ramp, officials report.

"It's as if we get to drive a nice sports car, but in the end we're just the valets who bring it around to the front and give the keys to the science team," says flight director Chris Lewicki.

That science team will be making daily decisions about where to send Spirit as the roving robot geologist uses its instruments to study rocks, the Martian soil and atmosphere. Starting late tonight (Earth time) the rover's science arm will be checked out.

----

Aggiungo che ci è voluto così tanto perchè, mentre in automatico, data solo la distanza e la direzione del punto finale, arriva a 5 cm/s, in manuale con comando da terra la velocità è di circa un quinto.
Old 15-01-2004, 17:20   #19
GioFX

L'Avatar di GioFX

Primo target selezionato dal controllo missione al JPL: il "cratere" di Sleepy Hollow.
Old 15-01-2004, 17:25   #20
GioFX

L'Avatar di GioFX

forte, eh?

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/spotl..._20040108.html

Apple MacBook Air M3: chi deve davvero comprarlo? La recensione Apple MacBook Air M3: chi deve davvero comprarlo...
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG49WCD: quando QD-OLED e ultrawide si fondono ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG49WCD: quando QD-OLED e ul...
Dreame L10s Pro Ultra Heat: la pulizia di casa tutta sostanza Dreame L10s Pro Ultra Heat: la pulizia di casa t...
HONOR Magic6 Pro: come funziona Magic Portal, il modo ''intelligente'' di condividere HONOR Magic6 Pro: come funziona Magic Portal, il...
L'innovazione richiede fiducia: Workday si propone come guida nell'era dell'IA L'innovazione richiede fiducia: Workday si propo...
WordPad verrà eliminato già...
Scende di prezzo il drone DJI Air 2S Fly...
XPeng sbarca nel mercato tedesco con P7 ...
Sorpresa per gli utenti Apple: iPhone 12...
SU7, la super auto elettrica di Xiaomi p...
Il Mac Mini 2023 con chip M2 8/256 GB è ...
Questo Mini PC ha un super prezzo: diffi...
Il doppio gioco di Twitter: battaglie le...
Top 7 Amazon per risparmiare tantissimo:...
Apple premia 350 studenti ''maghi'' prog...
Apple Store: con questa macchina si poss...
iPad Pro 2024 arriveranno a maggio. Paro...
JBL Soundgear Sense: contatto costante c...
Prezzo bomba: il super tablet 10.1"...
Google torna sui suoi passi: Pixel 8 ric...
Chromium
GPU-Z
OCCT
LibreOffice Portable
Opera One Portable
Opera One 106
CCleaner Portable
CCleaner Standard
Cpu-Z
Driver NVIDIA GeForce 546.65 WHQL
SmartFTP
Trillian